Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cinnamon Trick

You know how Cinnamon Rolls smell so good? Whoever invented those was a genious diabolical mastermind because hey, let's face it, you can have a Very ugly and Very nasty tasting cinnamon roll that smells like heaven! And if you're sitting through say... a presentation, a FHE, or who knows what else and you can smell them but you haven't seen them, you get all excited and psyched and then what do you find? A mean joke! They're either too dry or too wet, too shriveled or too small, without enough sugar and cinnamon and without any frosting, or too cold. Or all of the above. It's almost not even worth eating unless you make them yourself. But then, how can you make them when your husband will only eat one and leave the rest to you? Oh, it's a plight for the pious. I don't know if that makes sense, but it sure sounded good. Oh, and p.s. if someone says they're the first cinnamon rolls they've made, you can be sure that they aren't what they smell like.
So do you ever find yourself coming home, with tons and tons of stuff in your arms (like two huge garbage bags full of blown-up balloons that you could've just thrown away but because of your awful sense of frugality, you bring them home for your kids to pop?) and a shriveled cinnamon roll on a plate and papers and your purse and keys and such. And then you get to the door and you find that your husband has finally locked the door like you have wanted him to for the whole marriage and you think, "wow, this couldn't have been set up any more perfectly." And while I'm laughing trying to find the right key to get the door open, I realize I'm kicking the cinnamon roll I brought back for Jared (how long has it been in the dirt? I'm sure he won't care!) and a balloon's escaped and one just popped on my zipper and I forgot to eat dinner (yeah, I just realized it when I walked in). But I made it. It's those times when it's just fun to laugh at yourself. Plus I got Posh's haircut (not intentional, believe me).

No comments: