Friday, December 19, 2008

Jackson is saying so many words now! It's so exciting seeing him able to communicate more. You can see the relief on his face when he knows we know. Today I was taking a bath (a nice hot one) and he would've face-first dove in if he'd been a bit taller. I finally let him come in after a lot of whining and he felt utterly frustrated when the water was hot. I held him above it for a while and quickly stuck limbs in, out, in, out, so he wouldn't get too hot. I kept repeating "hot" and eventually he was saying it over and over, "ahhhhot, ahhhhot." I thought it was adorable. He played for a while and he stood up and anounced, "Un, Un." He was done. I asked, "are you done?" and he nodded. It's so exciting. He really likes to say tickle tickle (kickle, kickle). What a cutie-patootie.
Madison dresses up in a princess dress every single day. I can't get them off of her! She's thoroughly convinced that she is, indeed, a princess and will hear none of it (reason, that is) from me. None of these work: It's dirty because you've worn it every day this week, look it has pee on it!, that's ten sizes too big, it's freezing and it's snowing and that thing doesn't cover you at all. Yeah, none of those reasons work. She's also ridiculously obsessed with any soda. That is specifically why we don't buy soda and potato chips. Although if I had a better metabolism and an uncannily large budget, I would buy them every day.
Rylee is sooo helpful. She's my diaper and wipes getter. She loves to toast and butter her own bagels and asks for food every second of the day. I was watching her this morning and thinking she should be quite a bit more chunky, but she's not. She's very slender. She's got some amazing dance moves under her belt and she's understanding more and more about the world around her. She's quick to notice what others don't and she has the ears and nose of a cougar! She can hear any car pull into our driveway the second it touches our pavement. Jared cooked up some chantrelle mushrooms and put them in the fridge for later and now every time I open the fridge door she screams, "Something's rotten in there! EWWWW it stinks!! Yuck!" I kind of agree with her....

No comments: