Monday, May 26, 2008

My Computer Can't Count

You know when you're waiting for a download and it seems to be taking forever and you're pretty sure you know how to count and it finally says "15 seconds" and you get all excited to say "14" and then it jumps to "47?" How lame is that? Maybe the person who inputted all the 1's and 0's into my computer thought it would be Hilarious to make my computer count wrong. Well, it's not really funny when you've been waiting 15 minutes and everything is going slow and then suddenly the whole thing stops working because you've clicked everything three times, respectively, and it just can't think anymore. It's almost like when you're asking you husbands a question and they take more than 5 seconds to answer and you go on to the next one and eventually you're on the 12th question before they even know how to respond to the first? And by that time they're really annoyed and you can't do Anything with them because they were following you in the first place. And then you have to wait 47 more seconds when you were only going to have to wait 15 to get the first answer. So you dug your own hole in the first place, sister.
My mother and father in law came to visit today and we went to the museum, had a dunch together and played and got in the hot tub. It was very fun! I think I'm going to start a poll. I'm going to ask how many people, after they got married, started calling their mother and father in law "mom" and "dad." It was a tricky thing to figure out when I first got married but eventually we found a happy medium by just using their names, like any other adult friends I have around town. And now that it's a habit, why stop? I actually don't know what to say anymore because I just don't. Wow. I think that's the first time I didn't have anything to say. Amazing. I'm glad it's recorded in History!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Thanks for doing the tag Michelle.
My computer does that counting thing too. You just have to get up and walk away and not watch. It goes faster.