Monday, May 19, 2008

Taggy Tag Tag Day

So what is being tagged anyway? But I got tagged and here goes. I'm supposed to list 7 quirky things about myself (do I really have that many??) and then I'll see if anyone else is reading my blog when I tag someone else. Here goes:
1. Every child stares at my red arm. Just when I feel like I'm fitting in and I don't have to worry about sticking out like a sore thumb, some kid walks up and asks, "What's that big red thing on your arm?" to which I reply either, "I got struck by lightening" "I played with matches" "a hickey" or "someone sat down and tooted on me." I've actually never used the last one but man it's good. And then when I supply the truth, "It's an excess of blood vessels on the surface of my skin called a portwine stain and it turns purple when I'm cold" they never believe me. Go figure. What's the point of lying if they don't even believe when you're telling the truth? Oh wait....
2. My fingers may be short and stubby, but they can move fast on a piano. It's the biggest paradox about me. I just Loooove piano music. My great love affair.
3. I am a smell person. My absolute favorite smell in this entire world is the smell of Jared's dirty jeans. It's like coming home. I also like his smell after he works out. But not in the garden. That's a stinky smell. I can also tell if anyone has remotely touched my children. I tell Jared if he ever lets some lady touch our kids I'll know. Every lady has a smell...
4. I always have to get the best deal. I feel ripped off even if I've gotten a great deal but not the best. Frugality is a curse. Pattuie.
5. I don't like talking on my phone, yet it's the hardest thing I do trying to keep in my minutes limit. What can I say? People just like to talk to me. Or I just like to take care of business. Or both.
6. Baths are my fettish. I catch my breath when I walk into a bathroom with a luxuriously large bath and I judge a bathroom by how hot the water can get. That's where I read my books and relax. You don't have to change diapers or feed kids when you're in your bath.
7. I haven't drawn a large drawing in two years and I suspect I haven't lost my touch. We'll have to see. It seems unfair that I am not putting this talent to use and yet I still have it. Wasn't there a parable about that somewhere? I'm in trouble. My coins are going to get taken away. But every day I look at what I've done and scold myself for not having the time to do more. But my best priority is my children and this one will have to wait until all is well.

2 comments:

Joy Hollingshaus said...

Fun quirky things, Michelle. With such a strong sense of smell, how is it when you are pregnant? Everything smelled awful to me.

The Mayfield Farm said...

I love your personality in your blog. Your priorities are important - be sure to keep them.