Monday, February 23, 2009

A Fun Week

























































































































I always check everyone's blog like it's none of my business and I expect them to update theirs every other day and it's so challenging just to keep up mine! I have so much to say and so little time to type it in.















On Monday we spent our time off very well when we hiked to a waterfall as a family. It was a very easy hike that was only .8 miles there. It's about all the girls probably could've handled anyway. Jackson was an angel and barely made a peep the whole time. The girls walked the entire way up and had fun throwing rocks into the stream. I said it was time to leave when Jared picked up a rock equal to his weight and tried to impress the girls by throwing it in (I think they were shocked by getting wet~!)

The girls also went to a Daddy Daughter dance on Friday with Daddy and Grandpa Juett. They had a blast! I curled their hair, did their makeup, painted their nails, and got them dressed up before they left and they looked so cute. I'm glad that they could have such a fun time with the men in their lives!













Today we had family home evening about being a mommy and things mommies do to make their family's lives happy. We focused on cooking and put a little meal together. We started off by roasting hot dogs over the stove (very carefully!). We talked about being inventive (for instance: we didn't have hot dogs buns, what looks and tastes like a hot dog bun that we can use?), we made mashed potatoes for dessert and snacked on grapes. It was fun! I love these little adventures we have as a family and it's these little times when we're learning something new and working together that really add the substance to my life!

No comments: