Sunday, February 8, 2009

I haven't written in a while. Mostly because I'm taking care of Jackson. He's getting to
that age where he's super-aware of what I'm doing and I can only fit in two seconds worth of keyboard time between his all-knowing glances. If I look like my attention isn't riveted on his every move, then I will be the receiver of his petulant cries. All the same, I adore his attention and his cute little attitude. But it sure does remind me occasionally of when I only had Rylee. One baby is infinitely more difficult to take care of than three (in my opinion) because they generally keep each other occupied. Case in point, Rylee running around and laughing is much more fun that mommy sitting and reading books. :) Why is it that children have such short attention spans? And all of you mothers out there know that with a one-year old you rarely can read the pages of a book in order because your child is flipping back and forth, cutting your sentences off and mixing up subjects. It sure does make for some extreme reading, though.
We've been sick often at our house. We should probably write Quaratine on the front door. I'm trying to figure out why my immune system is bad right now and I realized it's probably from all the cleaning I've done lately. I don't know if there are any research surveys out there to prove my point, but don't moms always catch things because they're always cleaning?
We're trying to prep Rylee for Kindergarten this coming August. How weird that will be! I lie awake at night and think of all the effects of being a slave to a School Schedule. I've enjoyed this fashionable freedom of mothering small children and being where I want when I want (to a certain extent, I've got responsibilities you know) and I hope having to meet the bus won't cramp my style. I'll still be riding wild in my cool minivan, though, so I still have a lot riding for me.
Jared and I have almost met our year mark for being in a house! In the past you know what that would've meant...time to move! But I think we've got some roots growing from the soles of our shoes because we are REALLY wanting to stay in this house for a long time. And to accomplish that we'd have to buy it, so we're really waiting until we feel right about it. Consumer confidence is really at a low, but we're trying to wait for some Divine Assurance also. So we continue to try to be great renters and we've just gone thru a million boxes of junk that we couldn't (and wouldn't) face when we moved in. We just shoved them in the closets and closed the doors in our minds, forgetting about them until we could get over the jarring effects of a large move. I'm in a sell-all, give-all mood and I've sold some things and given some things away. There's NO WAY I'm going to lug all this stuff somewhere else!

1 comment:

Linde said...

Good luck on deciding if you are going to buy. That is a biggie!! Although the prices are probably right at this point.:)