Tuesday, January 8, 2008

And So I Begin

I haven't decided what to focus this blog on. Maybe the crazed rantings of a tired mommy? But Amy Juett informs me that there are millions of hilarious blogs. So I've been putting off starting because of performance anxiety. So now I'm starting when I've got burritos to make in fifteen minutes, a poopy baby, and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
I wore a messy baggy shirt at Tamie's the other night. It was like coming home! Why on earth would anyone want to wear cute shirts when comfort is available in style of Crud? Sure, I looked like a frumpy mummy, but why did fashion have to require the sacrifice of comfort? Like always pulling your shirts down and pants up and making sure your dumb undershirt is staying up high enough. It's a constant push and pull like poor little Guss Guss on Cinderella. It's like fitting a donut into a latex surgical glove. For the record, I love to create similes. So I decided never to wear a comfortable shirt like that again or I might never return. Did anyone ever see that movie with the guy from the Wonder Years? He sees these monsters in his room and finds out that there is a whole other world down under where monsters live. He soon goes down and loves to stay there and find adventure. But he soon learns that it comes with a price. He's becoming too much a part of the world. He has to wear sunglasses in his world. And eventually he can never go back. (If you know the name of the movie, I'd love to find out) Anyway, that's like wearing comfortable clothes. I've got to go make my burritos for the kiddos, but I consider this small paragraph a complete success just because it is done and now I can write anything worse than this! Yeah!

No comments: