Friday, January 11, 2008

Sad Day

I had a roommate in college who always used to say, "Sad day!" with a California surfer-accent. It just so happens she WAS from California and looked like a surfer. Anyway, she said this whenever something didn't go as planned and weirdly she always said it with a smile on her face. Now after all this time I don't really get why she was smiling. But she liked Blink 182 and had a huge wall devoted to pictures and paraphegnelia (sp?) and maybe she was thinking of them every time she said Sad Day and that's why she smiled. I guess I'll never know.
So today is kind of a Sad Day. People have been doggin' on me and I feel down. So, for this special event, I'll write a poem.
Today stinks lots, it stinks so much
I'm waiting for the healer's touch
To heal me from the unfair and such.
I'm proud right now
My head must bow.
I'm waiting until I'm in despair
To hear the words that deeply care
For my well-being and happy face
And peace and rest from this long race.
This poem is weird and sounds kind of off.
But know that my heart is now very soft.

That's the end. Didn't go like I had planned. I had planned a special poem to cry the injustices against me, but once even one thought of the Father comes to mind, it can't be written. So here I am, hoping to forgive in my heart what I have forgiven in word. Isn't that funny how you can seal the deal with your mouth but it can still take time to soften the heart? It must count for something that a person is willing to say it though and work on really doing it.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

paraphegnelia sounds like something that can get stuck in your throat. And I hope Jared signed off on the color scheme of your blog. Still, thanks for the invite to your blog "Thomas, you might sponatneously combust though because it's random thoughts. I'd advise you to stay away." I can't stay away from that.

Anonymous said...

hey thats funny that you had a sad day also, i had definitely the gloomy glooms also but i think mine was pms related, But guess what? today is going to be a way better day because you are going to see me!!!!