Monday, January 28, 2008

And the Sun Shines Through

It's interesting to note that through the difficult times in life, it may be a dark and ominous path for a distance, but I've come to find that the sun always comes out eventually (I guess not in Seattle though). And when you've gone through those dark, cold periods, you get some pretty nice vegetation along the way. Beautiful flowers and trees, multiple colors and swelling rivers. The grass is soft and full and you can walk with your shoes off for a time. And I've gotten in the habit of, when a life disaster strikes, saying, "All right, when will this be over? Because I know there's an end. My existence wasn't made for suffering." Someone in church yesterday made a comment that we are in a test. And we only have one judge for the test and that judge actually wants us to pass with flying colors. I don't know about you, but I've had LOTS of teachers who didn't really want every single person to pass. In fact, there were many that said your grade would be completely dependent on how others did. For instance, you could get almost everything correct, but made a B- because everyone else got all of the above correct. Isnt' that just silly? Anyway, so I've got the most Important Someone rallying for my success and teaching me the right material. I've also had teachers who veared (sp?) off the subjects and misled us on studying material so that I would study tons of stuff that wasn't on the tests.

No comments: