Saturday, January 12, 2008

Unnecessity

If a person makes a meal that only requires a fork, why, oh why, on Earth would you put out two forks, a knive, and a spoon? I'm all for aesthetics, but how much worth is a person's time? You waste time gathering the utensils, laying them down in an appropriate fashion, watching them during mealtime and then picking them back up, separating them, and putting them back in the drawer (or washing them). Who knows who breathed on them or accidentally touched them during the meal. But isn't it such a waste to wash them? They weren't even eaten off of! And for the sake of our time, let's assume that you just threw a pile of forks in the middle of the table and said, "Have at it, animals" is that just going too far the other way? Because that sure saves a lot of time too. But dinner is important. But, like, banquet important? And if I judge a person wasting time in that arena, will I be challenged by way of my long and wonderful and relaxing baths in which I read my novels? Even my husband can't deny the relaxing power of the bath when I pour him one and dote on him when he's ill. And he doesn't even fit in it! There really is one advantage to being short. That and you can hide more easily from weirdos in a crowd. Ask me later about my date with a five foot male. Yikes. For some reason someone thought that we would be great for each other because 1. We're both short. 2. He was balding and 3. He was going to be a doctor. The person that set us up obviously doesn't know that I want a husband with a moderate salary. Not an exhorbitant one. For instance, look at this ring on my ring finger. It's large with a huge stone in the middle and two baggettes (sp?) on the sides. And boy is it beautiful. It also happens to be cheap. I'll admit it. Even to strangers on the street. That's why this blog is called garage sale junkie. I even got it free at JC Penny with a coupon. The point is that most of the people who see it think it's real and the other people who don't won't say anything. And all the while I'm laughing because I'm a cheapo and my finger's too fat right now for my expensive one. Anyway.
Where were we? Yes, setting the table. I'm all for the nice table cloths. I have a nice autumn one that I use all year long. Somehow it went from overly-covering the table to showing the table's nickers in one day. I'm not sure, but it could be the fact that I dried it on high heat. But I'm not pointing any fingers. So the table cloth is nice and so are the placemats. But you never need two glasses. Just poor the water in my milk cup. I like it murky.
For those of you who agree, let me know. If not, tell someone else to read this blog.

1 comment:

caddy cook said...

you are hilarious, yes i agree with not having a ton of silverware accept i would rather drink the water first then pour in the milk and my kids always need a fork and a spoon because forks never do the right job for veggies and you just cant use a spoon for meat or the world will just end for the averett kids and we cant have foods cross contaminate